Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Homemade paint

Lately there has been news on how China made products (milk, cookies and even eggs) being tainted by melamine. It is so sad to see that because of certain adults so eager to make more money, they risk the life of a child. After all this news, I told my husband that we are not going to buy any made in china product for Chloe.
Ops... how am I suppose to let Chloe learn how to paint. I mean kids love painting and I was hoping to let Chloe mess around with paint so that she can master fine motor skills.
I guess I need to use DIY paint

Homemade Face Paint

Materials
Small jars or plastic containers
1 teaspoon cornstarch per container
1/2 teaspoon cold cream per container
1/2 teaspoon water per container
Food coloring

Directions
In each small container, mix cornstarch and cold cream until well blended.
Add water and stir.
Add food coloring one drop at a time until you get the desired color.
Paint small designs on face with a small paintbrush; remove with soap and water.
Store covered

No comments: