Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It is not an issue

While making pancake for Chloe, I am discussing with my husband how happy I am that Obama is now the President of United States. In the media, many mentioned that Obama created history by becoming the first black President in the states.
However for me, it had never been an issue. I was born and raised in a multi-racial country mainly Chinese, Indian and Malay back in Singapore. Not only I am proud of my upbringing, I always wish that one day other countries will follow the same diversity as well.
I had heard from my close relatives that migrated to other Western country how the people there discriminate those that doesn't have the same skin colour and religion. I am so upset when I heard about all this. A doctor told me before
'Baby smiles to stranger without considering their skin colour because they are colour blind'
If only everyone in this world are colour blind, there will be no war. But I hope that tonight, we will be able to bring change to everyone that skin colour is never a problem.

No comments: