Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter solstices

Yesterday was suppose to be the longest day in the day. What is the tradition around winter solstices? As I was born in Asia, I was a mix between East and West tradition.

Winter solstices was celebrated in China by making glutinous rice balls. We will roll the rice ball together.... in a very BIG family.... great grandma, grandparents, uncles, aunties, cousins, mom, dad and siblings. I never understand the meaning of all this tradition when I was young but right now I do miss rolling of rice ball with my family. The togetherness, laughter and joy as a family.

Yesterday, we celebrate winter solstices by saying prayer where we hope that the world will be a better place for Chloe. No war, no terror and hopefully no economy downturn in long run :-)

 

No comments: