After a successful steam chocolate moist cake, I had decided to stay healthy and try Chloe's favourite banana cake (steam version). Initially I was a bit pessimistic as it doesn't look good, but the taste is just fantastic. It is easy to make and I just love it.
What you need:
1/2 cup of castor sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed (200g)
1 cup Self-raising Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup oil (any flavorless oil)
What to do!
1. Sift together self-raising flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs and sugar till ribbon stage.
3. Mix in mashed bananas, beat till combine.
4. Gently fold in flour mixture and Oil, taking care not to deflate the eggs and sugar mixture.
5. Heat up the steamer.
6. Lined and greased a 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
7. Pour the batter into prepared pan and place the pans into the steamer.
8. Steam over medium heat for 30 mins.
9. Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.
PS: Please check out steam chocolate moist cake photos which I missed out previously.