Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Run For Good Cause

It is not my normal post mentioning about fundraising but event is very close to my heart. I am a follower of It's my life and in today's post, Charlotte (the writer's sister) is going to run a marathon for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training.

The Team In Training raises funds to blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. Their mission is to cure  leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

Oh, why am I interested in this fundraising program? Remember that I mentioned in A Brand New Year that I lost a couple of love one this year? One of them is my grandpa who died after a year battling Lymphoma.

A tough guy who had fought during WWII, equipped  me with financial educations and provided all the loves as a grandpa. When he was sick at 80, bravely he fought the disease and went through a number of chemotherapy in the hope that he live till 100 years old. Yes, he was 80 years old at that time  yet he never give up hope.

I appreciate Charlotte's run and hope that all reader's will donate for a good cause. Charlotte needed $2600 and every dollar that you donated will give more hope in curing the ultimate disease. Click Here and do good. Thanks.

2 comments:

Jessica R. said...

Thank you SO much for blogging about my sister's run! It's such a great cause, I really appreciate the help in spreading the word!

Creative Junkie said...

I wish her the best of luck in her endeavors to raise as much money as she can!

We have a 13 year old girl in our neighborhood who is battling cancer right now ... courage doesn't even begin to describe what this girl exhibits every single day.