Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tea Garden

It has not been a good start for me in a new year. First I was sick and now Chloe was down with severe mouth ulcer. She has not been eating anything for the past couple of days and I feel so helpless as I am not able to share with her the pain she has been going through.

Feeling sad, I decided to look back the time she was healthy running around until I saw this photo. It was summer last year when we went to Charleston Tea Plantation, America's only commercial tea garden. At that time, Chloe had fabulous time because she can walk around and picked the tea leave.

After I came back from Charleston, I tried to bake some scone because my father used to tell me that tea with scone makes life perfect. I just wish it is that simple....

 

Gingerbread-Raisin Scones

2 cups Flour
1/3 cup Dark brown sugar -- packed
1 tablespoon Baking powdergingerbreadsconesfront
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ginger
1/8 teaspoon Cloves
6 tablespoons Chilled butter -- cut pieces
1/4 cup Milk
1 large Egg
3 tablespoons Light unsulfured molasses
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2/3 cup Raisins
Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease baking sheet.

Blend first 6 ingredients in processor. Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Beat milk, egg, molasses, and vanilla to blend in large bowl.

Add flour mixture and raisins; gently stir until dough forms. Gather dough into ball.

On lightly floured surface, press dough into 1-inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet.

Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 min. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Technorati Tags: ,,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tea with scones?? Never had a scone! Are they any good?

Creative Junkie said...

Ooooh, I love scones! I've never made them though - too intimidating for me. I just run to Wegmans and get theirs!