Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Left On Their Own

Today I received a very sad story from one of my friend.

Her friend, an officer and his wife lost one of their two daughters to neuroblastoma, a rare form of childhood cancer, in August 2007. Just a year later - almost to the day - the officer died unexpectedly in his home. His wife and living daughter came home to find him deceased in their basement.

The wife is now left in devastation and financial hardship, and the police department is holding a fundraiser for her and her daughter, which will hopefully change their lives. Check out The Laci Swift Fund.

When I saw this post, I was devastated because the two daughters are so cute and adorable. It breaks my heart to see the suffering of an innocent child. I am posting this here because I know that some fellow blogger would do anything to help others in need, even if that just means spreading the word.

I am asking that we do all that we can do bring attention to this family and help in whatever way possible.

Technorati Tags: ,,

2 comments:

Annette Piper said...

What a devastating series of events. I hope the community rallies for them.

Creative Junkie said...

oh, how awful. My heart goes out to them. :(