Saturday, November 8, 2008

Number recognition

Lately financial crisis has been surrounding us so much that I started to be worry about Chloe's future. I decided that I should start to financial education until my husband reminded me that she is just over 18 months!
Ok, then I shouldn't be giving her financial education. I should start with numbers... Yes, counting 1, 2, 3. I started to test out a few activities and right now, she is able to count to 10!

Method 1
Introduce the song 'Ten little Indians'. While you are singing, show her 1, 2, 3 etc using your fingers



Method 2

Get a count and stack cubes for her. I got this for Chloe when she was 6 months and till today, she loves to play with the cubes. Initially she loves knocking them down and trying to build them back but now she will say 1, 2,3 whenever she stacks it up.

Method 3
Play number games in the bathtub. Using a plastic shovel and pail, count the number of water scoops you pour into the pail.
Blow bubbles and count the bubbles. Count fingers and toes as you wash them

No comments: